Tuesday 5 December 2017

Forgive me


Fuck! 

I didn't know what to do.

I made a mistake.


Forgive me.

Mum needed new medicine again. But there wasn't any money left in savings. I've told her I can quit school and get a job, but she insists I focus on school. Education is key, she says. I work late night shifts at the diner though. When she's asleep. But it doesn't pay much, and the money I get has to go to food and to help pay the bills. Nan sells paintings the she makes. But she's no famous artist. It's mostly just scraps all we have. But we have each other... for now. And nothing can stop me from cherishing the time we have left.

I don't know what I will do when I finish school. Where to go. But I'm getting out of here... 

But yeah. Mum's medicine. It costs a fortune. A fortune we don't have. So what else could I do? It's my mother! I... I may have stolen a Lady's purse. And pickpocketed a man outside the grocery store. I'm not proud of it. But... I really needed the money for the meds. Although. That wasn't the worst bit... I kind of enjoyed enjoyed. It gave a rush of adrenaline. It was exciting to get away with it. And it felt only fair. We had almost nothing, they had almost everything. That's definitely unfair.

Well. The money wasn't enough for the meds. I guess I thought if I could get away with some minor pickpocketing, I could get away with anything. Besides, my wings would protect me. I made a mistake.

I went back home, did some excavating among my, and mum's, clothes. And I made a costume, to hide my identity. Took nan's old revolver, and went to the grocery store. The girl behind the counter gave me the money, and looked straight into my eyes... And that's when I realised what I had done. What I had become. What was wrong with me? Just... I didn't know what to do. I needed the money. When I got out of the store, I heard sirens coming my way. I rushed to the back, and ran. I just kept running. Fuck. I was so scared, so... 

So very scared. 

And I regret everything. But I had to do it. 

I got away, but...

Please.

Forgive me.



























No comments:

Post a Comment